let no one without knowledge of geometry enter

20051203

System requirements

Planning a new comp system, since my current comp has been with me for exactly 5 yrs now. I've added peripherals, softwares, upgraded and even changed its motherboard. And now it's finally showed signs of deterioation. Programmes start to hang, the graphic card is unable to support certain game graphics, applications cannot work etc etc. Everything seems to be going downhill. So the typically kiasu, or rather, kia see, me started to backup my info in my hdd. I know it's got nothing to do with the hdd, since it's really kind of new. But well, just in case.

Hopefully, I can spare some cash to build my comp. Afterall, I've so many plans and dreams that have yet to be fulfilled. A holiday in Europe, my very own Toyota Vios, my wedding, my house and the interior design etc etc. And all these need money! Sigh... everything is all about cash...


Anyway, there's no harm planning/dreaming, so here I am dreaming about my new sys req'ments.

  • MSI P4N Diamond motherboard
  • good CPU coolers & PSU (not much knowledge about fans & power supply related stuff)
  • Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 OS
  • at least Pentium 4 2.8 GHz with Hyper-Threading technology
  • Kingston 1 GB DDR RAM (myabe 2 slots of 512 RAM would be good)
  • NVIDIA Quadro®4 980 XGL or NVIDIA QuadroFX 1100 graphics card
  • Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 Pro sound card (yes, I think it's multi-channel)
  • IEEE-1394 port
  • 4 back & 2 front USB ports
  • DVD-RW drive (not particular about brand here)
  • Floppy A drive - internal
  • Card-reader - external
  • 80 GB 7200 RPM IDE SATA hdd
  • 16X PCI ExpressTM display adapter
  • LCD monitor (maybe Philips or Viewsonic?)
  • Ergonomic keyboard (not particular about the mouse so long it's optical)
  • Able to support Avid Free Dv and Ulead MS 7.0

Those of you who read my blog, can anyone quote me cheaply to build the above system? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment